With So Much Bad Weather, Here Are A Few Tips To Help You Stay Safe and Recover Swiftly!
1. Contact your insurance company and report your loss as quickly as you can.
2. Report downed power lines or gas leaks to your utility company. Keep electricity off if your house has been flooded.
3. Protect your property from further damage. Board up windows and salvage undamaged items.
4. Make a written list of damaged items and photograph or videotape them.
5. Keep all receipts for hotel rooms, meals, and any clothing or personal items purchased while your house is being repaired or rebuilt.
6. Complete and return your claim forms quickly.
7. The check for repairs to your home will usually be made out to both you and your mortgage lender. Contact your lender to discuss the contractor bids and details of the repair process.