The temperatures are forecasted to drop below freezing again. Below are some precautions to keep in mind to help prevent frozen pipes:
1. Disconnect and drain all garden hoses and install covers on outside faucets. Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
2. Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing.
3. Identify the location of the main water valve on your water heater. (Knowing the location of these valves may come in handy during an emergency)
4. During really cold weather, open the cold water tap and let the water trickle to keep the water in the pipes moving.
5. Wrap pipes nearest the exterior wall and in crawl spaces with insulation.
6. If you have a leak, call a plumber right away.